Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

On Being Social Media'd Out + How That Relates to Hot Chocolate



Hi friends. As some of you may or may not have noticed, my posts have been increasingly less frequent. When I realized this, many excuses came to mind like being busy with my new job, having no one to take photos of me, Calgary being too cold and so on. While those things may be true (especially the last one!), it finally dawned on me the REAL reason for my lack of posting. I'm social media'd out! And while I did just make up that term, it really is the best way for me to describe what has happened. I'm not saying this as an excuse or a complaint. In fact, it's really the exact opposite. In my job as a marketing coordinator, a large part of my daily to-do list is doing social media. This varies from long term strategic thinking and planning to day to day posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and even the odd blog post. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this about my job but it is now part of my job. I think a large part of me took to social media and this blog as a creative outlet when I wasn't getting that in my daily life. Now I do get it, each and every day and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm not ready to let go of this wee little blog quite yet but I do have to admit to and be okay with the fact that I won't be posting on it as regularly as I had initially set out to do. In the meantime, if you miss me too much (and I won't hold that against you!), please come visit me at the Triple Flip blog! While I may be writing to tweens, it's still me coming up with the ideas and I bet you'll enjoy a thing or two over there.

Oh yes, why am I posing with hot chocolate you ask? Great question, I would've asked the same thing! The answer, in short, is because that is just how awesome my job is. I get to make delicious hot chocolate recipes, bribe my mom (with hot chocolate, of course) to take photos of me doing it and then call it a blog post. This is my job! This hot chocolate post will be up on the Triple Flip blog on Tuesday, December 3, so take a look if you want to learn how I made them.

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, warm fuzzies?